Last updated: April 20, 2021
- Before or at the time of collecting Personal Information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use Personal Information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain Personal Information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal Information should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- Information Collection and Use. The information we collect, including Personal Information, may be used for the following:
- For a better experience, while using our Site, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The Personal Information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
- Each time you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device and your interaction with the Site. This may include your viewing activity, your IP address, location information, your browser type, your Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, your operating system, date/time stamps, and related metadata.
- User Content that is posted to the Site, including but not limited to comments, photos or any other media including audio & video files.
- The Site does not have access to your location; however, third parties may use IP-based geolocation for advertising purposes.
- To evaluate you for a possible invitation to be a guest on The Blend talk show.
- To generate topics for The Blend talk show.
- Cookies. Cookies are files with small amounts of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our website uses “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Site. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and to know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
- Service Providers.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Site;
- To provide the Site on our behalf;
- To perform Site-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Site is used.
We want to inform our Site’s users that these third-party companies will have access to your Personal Information. However, the purpose is to strictly to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. They are prohibited from disclosing or using the information for any other purpose.
- Security. We value your trust in providing your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions. From time to time, we may offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions (collectively, “Promotions”) on the Site. If you enter a Promotion, we will ask you to provide Personal Information about yourself (such as your name, address, and e-mail address). Among other things, we will need this information to contact you if you win, and we may also use this information for marketing purposes. We may share this Personal Information with any sponsors and prize providers of the contest, sweepstakes, or promotional event; sponsors and prize providers will be identified in the official rules. We may also share this Personal Information with other third‐party service providers that help administer our contests, sweepstakes, and promotional events, such as by conducting drawings, and/or delivering prizes to winners. If you do not want to provide the requested information or have the information provided to sponsors, prize providers, or other third‐party service providers, please do not enter the Promotions.
- Compliance with Legal Process. We will release specific Personal Information about you if required to do so to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order. We may also use your Personal Information to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims but are not under any obligation to do so.
- Children’s Privacy. Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. In the event we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information without the consent of a parent or guardian, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your permission, please contact us so that we will be able to take necessary actions.
If you are a California resident, please also see the below regarding your California Privacy Rights:
For the purposes of this notice, Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, or as otherwise defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) and its implementing regulations, as amended or superseded from time to time (“CCPA”).
Personal Information does not include information that is:
- Lawfully made available from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated.
- Otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
- Right to Know and Access.You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information collected, sold, or disclosed by us; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the past twelve months.
- Right to Delete.Subject to certain exceptions, you may submit a verifiable request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
- Verification.Requests for access to or deletion of Personal Information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity in light of the information requested and pursuant to relevant CCPA requirements, limitations, and regulations. To verify your access or deletion request, please follow the instructions provided in our response to your request.
- Right to Equal Service and Price.You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations.
- Shine the Light.We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information (as defined by California Civil Code §1798.83) about you with other people or non affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. If we receive your permission, non affiliated companies may use your Personal Information to send you offers or other information that you may find of interest.
- Submit Requests.To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please use the link[s] above, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Authorizing an Agent.To authorize an agent to make a request to know or delete on your behalf, please provide us with written authorization signed by you and your authorized agent, and we will contact you with further steps required to verify your identity.
- California “Eraser” Law. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a user of the website where this policy is posted, you may request removal of content or information you have publicly posted. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal from the Internet of the content or information you posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal.